Saturday, April 13, 2013

Karen Jimeno says as per BIR : Bloggers Should be Taxed

Wazzup Pilipinas!

Because the general rule is ANY income is subject to tax, even income from eBay sales must be reported and is taxed.

No distinction. Basta if you earn something, that's income and that's subject to tax.

I'm a blogger too. Does that mean as long as I have a website, I'm officially a taxpayer?

Only if you earn income from your website or if you get any payments from blogging.

Different types of ITR forms are filed with the BIR depending on type of income.

Example, Form1701 if you are self-employed (this would apply to freelance bloggers, etc). Form1700 if you work for an employer. Form1700 should be filled-out by the employer for you, then you sign it as employee. 

You can see the different types of BIR Forms here: … 

Hope that helps!:)

About "" is the fastest growing and most awarded blog and social media community that has transcended beyond online media. It has successfully collaborated with all forms of media namely print, radio and television making it the most diverse multimedia organization. The numerous collaborations with hundreds of brands and organizations as online media partner and brand ambassador makes a truly successful advocate of everything about the Philippines, and even more since its support extends further to even international organizations including startups and SMEs that have made our country their second home.

Post a Comment

Ang Pambansang Blog ng Pilipinas Wazzup Pilipinas and the Umalohokans. Ang Pambansang Blog ng Pilipinas celebrating 10th year of online presence
Copyright © 2013 Wazzup Pilipinas News and Events
Design by FBTemplates | BTT