Monday, February 18, 2019

Hundreds Hired on the Spot, Nearly 2,500 Displaced Hanjin Workers Assisted in 2nd BBB Jobs Caravan

Wazzup Pilipinas!

Thousands of applicants got the opportunity to seek their next career, while hundreds were hired on-the-spot during the second Build Build Build = Jobs Jobs Jobs Caravan held at the Subic Gymnasium, Subic Bay Freeport Zone last Saturday, 09 February 2019.

The one-day job caravan was envisioned to accommodate job seekers in the country, especially the displaced workers of Korean shipbuilder Hanjin Heavy Industries and Construction Philippines (HHIC-Phil).

A total of 4,051 applicants attended the job caravan, wherein 2,464 or 60.8% were former HHIC-Phil employees, and the remaining 1,587 or 39.2% came in as walk-in applicants. Based on preliminary results, 186 applicants were hired on-the-spot, 99 of which are from HHIC-Phil.

According to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the applicants that were hired on-the-spot yesterday would function in the following positions: welders, electricians, masons, fitters, engineers, drivers, painters, scaffolders, riggers, administrative assistants / clerks, sales, and marketing.

Around 30,000 jobs were available from 106 employers during the event.

Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) Secretary Mark Villar said it was President Rodrigo Duterte himself who ordered to hold the job fair in Subic immediately.

"Nang malaman po ng Pangulong Duterte na nagkaproblema po ang Hanjin, nagpa-organize po siya agad ng jobs caravan, at natutuwa naman ako sa nakikita ko dahil marami ang naghahanap ng trabaho, at marami na ang na-hire on-the-spot. Asahan niyo po, walang tigil ang programa ng Pangulong Duterte at ang pangarap niya sa Pilipinas na lahat po ng ating mga kababayan ay magkakaroon ng trabaho,” Secretary Villar said.

Various companies took part in the event, including contractors of the DPWH, Department of Transportation (DOTr), Bases Conversion and Development Authority (BCDA), DTI-Construction Industry Authority of the Philippines (DTI-CIAP), and locators of SBMA and CDC.

"The Jobs Jobs Jobs Caravan complements the Build Build Build Program dahil nakakapagbigay tayo ng trabaho at oportunidad para makiisa ang ating mga kababayan sa paggawa ng mga imprastraktura na naglalayong paunlarin ang ating bansa," DOTr Secretary Arthur Tugade said.

The jobs caravan, which forms part of the BBB infrastructure program, was organized by the Build Build Build Inter-Agency Committee, in partnership with the DOLE, Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA), and the Clark Development Corporation (CDC).

The BBB Inter-Agency Committee is composed of the DPWH, Department of Finance (DOF), DOTr, Department of Budget Management (DBM), National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), and the BCDA.

The first Build Build Build = Jobs Jobs Jobs Caravan was held on 12 August 2018 at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City, where 12,000 job vacancies from more than 40 employers were offered.

About "" is the fastest growing and most awarded blog and social media community that has transcended beyond online media. It has successfully collaborated with all forms of media namely print, radio and television making it the most diverse multimedia organization. The numerous collaborations with hundreds of brands and organizations as online media partner and brand ambassador makes a truly successful advocate of everything about the Philippines, and even more since its support extends further to even international organizations including startups and SMEs that have made our country their second home.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Top ib essay writing service by with 200 experts. - term paper writing service every student can afford
Copyright © 2013 Wazzup Pilipinas News and Events
Design by FBTemplates | BTT