Thursday, June 18, 2015
A New Era of PC Gaming with Radeon R9 and R7 300 Series from AMD
AMD recently ushered in a new era of PC gaming, unveiling its line of next-generation AMD Radeon graphics cards at a live webcast held in Los Angeles and broadcast to thousands of gamers around the world, joined by industry giants Microsoft, EA and Oculus. The AMD next-generation graphics cards mark a technology turning point in PC gaming, bringing super high resolutions, exceptional VR experiences, smoother gameplay, support for new, advanced APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan, and groundbreaking form factors to gamers everywhere through a top-to-bottom line of GPUs that fit virtually every need and budget.
Radeon R9 Fury series graphics – Don’t just upgrade. Revolutionize.
· Revolutionary inside – and out – The most advanced and innovative GPU ever created for the enthusiast market, the AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU represents a paradigm shift in GPU design in the chip previously codenamed “Fiji”.
· Innovative technology. Making beautiful memory – The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU brings to market the highest GPU memory bandwidth ever, pioneered by a consortium led by AMD, High-Bandwidth Memory (HBM) integrated on-chip delivering 60% more memory bandwidth over GDDR5 along with unprecedented 4096-bit memory interface. The Radeon R9 Fury X GPU delivers more than 3x the performance per watt of GDDR5 in 94 percent less PCB surface area, producing ultra-enthusiast-class performance in a mere 7.5” (19cm) board.1,2,3
· Premium design. Bright lights. Big Intensity. – The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU’s state-of-the-art, premium industrial styling features black-nickel aluminum exoskeleton and soft-touch aluminum plates, high-caliber liquid cooling, customizable GPU Tach activity meter that measures GPU utilization and LED illumination that highlights design details for the finishing touch.
· Redefine Reality. – The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU is the definitive VR solution, designed to deliver exceptional performance in the most demanding VR games and applications, while benefitting from AMD LiquidVR technology to enable the most comfortable VR experience and compatibility across a wide range of head-mounted displays.9
· The best 4K gaming experience. Enjoy the View. – The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU takes gaming to the next level, boasting 4096-bit high-bandwidth memory interface that not only meets but exceeds the extreme performance requirements for the most demanding 4K games for stunning performance in 4K resolutions and beyond8 with image quality settings turned up, smooth gaming with AMD FreeSync technology10, and is ready for the future with support for next-generation multi-threaded APIs including DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, Vulkan and AMD’s Mantle.4,5,6
· Enabling new PC form factors. Small Size. Giant Impact. – The incredibly compact design of AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU opens the door for new and exciting PC form factors, with more design flexibility for modders, DIYers and System Integrators than ever before. The AMD Innovation Lab’s recently unveiled Project Quantum prototype PC illustrates the point, making use of Radeon R9 Fury X GPUs to reinvent desktop computing for the VR era, enabling form factors never imagined before.
· A new family of the world’s first HBM-powered GPUs – The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X, which is the world’s first HBM-powered graphics card (previously codenamed “Fiji”), is scheduled for availability starting June 24th. The AMD Radeon R9 Fury, with both liquid- and air-cooled options, is slated for availability starting July 14th. The deceptively small (6” in length), category-creating AMD Radeon R9 Nano is scheduled to follow in Q3 2015. AMD also plans to bring to market this fall a flagship Radeon Fury product for very smooth 4K gaming and VR that is based on two “Fiji” GPUs.
Radeon R9 300 series graphics cards – Designed for your survival
· The DNA of 4K gaming – AMD Radeon R9 300 series GPUs deliver stunningly powerful graphics for unparalleled 4K gaming experiences in their class. Supporting the latest gaming technologies including Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)11 for quality that rivals 4K, even on a 1080p display, AMD CrossFire multi-GPU technology7, and next-generation APIs including DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5, and Vulkan, Radeon R9 300 series GPUs are the perfect gaming solution for beyond HD.5,6
· Making the virtual world real – AMD Radeon R9 300 series GPUs are designed for VR, taking advantage of AMD LiquidVR technology to deliver a comfortable, low-latency VR experience that harnesses multiple GPUs to drive the highest possible frame rates.9
· Smooth, tear-free gaming – AMD Radeon R9 300 series GPUs harness AMD FreeSync technology10 to help eliminate tearing and stuttering in single screen gaming, or using in multi-display Eyefinity configurations.12
Radeon R7 300 series graphics cards – Strike first…and last.
· Made for Online Gaming Supremacy – AMD Radeon R7 300 series GPUs are the optimal choice for online gaming and eSports competitors, effortlessly delivering greater than 60 fps gaming performance at 1080p or 1440p, ultra-settings, in popular online games.13,14 Enjoy exceptional image quality using Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)11 for quality that rivals 1440p with a 1080p display and expand the field of view in 1080p gaming using AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology.
· Battle-Ready for what’s next – AMD Radeon R7 300 series GPUs are optimized for next-generation APIs including DirectX 12, OpenGL 4.5 and Vulkan for the most advanced gaming experiences possible.5,6
· Leading-edge performance and capabilities – Gamers can benefit from the latest features and performance improvements in AMD Catalyst drivers, one-click game optimizations in the AMD Gaming Evolved client, and rest easy knowing their GPU is ready for Microsoft Windows 10.
“With our next-generation Radeon graphics line-up, AMD is enabling a spectrum of innovation that can benefit all gamers. Exceptional performance, ground-breaking VR capabilities, new and dynamic form factors, premium industrial design, exceptional experiences in 4K, all built to excel in today’s games and tomorrow’s that harness forthcoming APIs like DirectX 12 and Vulkan. This really is a new era in PC gaming, and along with our software and hardware partners around the world, AMD could not be prouder to bring these graphics cards to gamers,” said Matt Skynner, corporate VP and general manager, Product, Computing and Graphics Business Unit at AMD.
“DirectX 12 represents an exciting new era of gaming performance, flexibility and image quality for Windows based devices,” said Kam VedBrat, Group Program Manager, Graphics for Microsoft. “Today we join AMD in celebrating the unveiling of AMD Radeon R7 and R9 300 series GPUs, AMD’s third generation of DirectX 12-ready products ready to deliver incredible gaming with the Graphics Core Next architecture.”
Radeon R9 300 series GPUs and Radeon R7 series GPUs is scheduled for select retailer availability on June 18. The AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU is planned to be available on June 24 from select add-in card suppliers, including ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor and HIS. Partner participation will vary by region.
AMD Radeon™ R9 and R7 series GPU Model
AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X
AMD Radeon™ R9 390X
AMD Radeon™ R9 390
AMD Radeon™ R9 380
AMD Radeon™ R7 370
AMD Radeon™ R7 360
Watch the unveiling of AMD’s new GPU line-up and see them in action in the “AMD presents: A New Era of PC Gaming” event on Twitch
Check out videos about the new Radeon™ R9 and R7 300 series graphics on amd.com
Check out AMD’s latest ventures with VR partners
Become a fan of AMD Gaming on Facebook
Engage with us on Twitter @AMDGaming
Engage with us on Twitter @AMDRadeon
More information on AMD Investor Relations