Saturday, April 11, 2020
FDCP Releases Memorandum 4 on the Extension of the Enhanced Community Quarantine
Pursuant to the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) Resolution No. 20 and the subsequent announcement of the President, the Enhanced Community Quarantine in Luzon has been extended to April 30, 2020.
In line with therewith, FDCP will hereby continue the strict adoption of the following relative to the audio-visual industry and community:
1. All productions and activities on film, television programs, and other audio-visual contents are SUSPENDED in the entirety of Luzon, including NCR, for the duration of the extension of the quarantine.
2. For the rest of the country, relevant declarations on community quarantine from the respective local government units shall apply. Given the nature of the COVID-19 virus transmission, FDCP strongly recommends stringent social distancing measures to be adopted.
3. As only those private establishments providing basic necessities related to food and medicine shall be open, companies, establishments, and organizations in the audio-visual industry, from pre to post-production and film exhibition must close their offices and adopt work from home arrangements for workers. This is with the exception of media outlets for the purposes of news coverage who must adopt stringent social distancing measures and skeletal work force as well.
4. The FDCP shall continue to adopt a work from home setup for all its employees. Hence, the FDCP Office will be closed and will not receive documents until further notice. All transactions and communication shall be taken online. (See attached directory of FDCP Divisions).
Failure to abide by these set guidelines and those announced by the national government shall be subjected to appropriate action, including criminal, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
For everyone’s guidance.
FDCP Updates DEAR Application Period and Coverage
Republic of the Philippines
Office of the President
FILM DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL OF THE PHILIPPINES
ADVISORY NO. 03
Series of 2020
Relative to FDCP Advisories No. 01, 01-A and 02 on the activation of the FDCP DISASTER/EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE AND RELIEF (DEAR), DEAR ACTION! and DEAR PRESS! and the announcement of the President on the extension of the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), the following updates on the guidelines are hereby issued:
1. Coverage of Qualified Suspended Work. With the extension of the ECQ, the coverage of qualified cancelled/suspended work days as required for eligibility to DEAR programs shall be from March 15-April 30, 2020.
2. Application Period. Applications for the DEAR Programs will be accepted until April 30, 2020.
3. Holy Week Operations. In observance of the regular non-working holidays during Holy Week, processing of applications and release of disbursements on April 9-10 (Maundy Thursday and Good Friday) will be suspended. However, email applications may still be sent by applicants.
Regular online operations shall resume on April 13, 2020.
Earlier issuances on such matters that are inconsistent herewith are hereby amended accordingly.
For information and guidance.
See the official press releases and signed documents here: