Following is the latest update on the power supply as a result of the reported 6.7 magnitude earthquake last night affecting Surigao province, among others:
1. All NGCP feeders at Bislig Substation are energized. There is no major damage or sustained fault.
2. The 138 kV Butuan-Placer line is under scheduled maintenance from 6 am to 6 pm today to transfer lines onto the permanent transmission structures.
3. Because of the scheduled maintenance works of NGCP, Surigao del Norte Electric Cooperative, Inc. (SURNECO) isolated Surigao City and the Municipalities of San Francisco and Malimono. Municipalities of Sison and Taganaan were also affected. SURNECO is doing the clearing and repairs while NGCP is doing maintenance works.
4. Based on the report of SURNECO, damage in distribution lines is minimal and it will be able to energize the isolated areas once NGCP completes its maintenance activities on or before 6 pm today. It is expected that 90% will be energized as soon as NGCP restores power. Note: Malimono & San Francisco municipalities are not passable at this time due to two (2) damaged bridges. Coordination is still being made if Malimono and San Francisco will have electricity within the day due to their inaccessibility.
5. SURNECO also declared total damage in its headquarters facilities.
6. The DOE will continue to monitor developments on this matter and will continue to provide updates.