It is once again the sweetest time of the year and making the holidays even sweeter is Europe’s favorite cookie with coffee, Biscoff. An original from Belgium, Biscoff is spreading its sweetness in Manila. Long known as the perfect partner for any coffee break, Biscoff is now also being introduced as the perfect culinary partner.
Just in time for the holidays, Biscoff gives away easy to make, do-it-yourself recipes that are perfect for the holiday season. Whether to use as gifts or as holiday party treats, Biscoff offers delightful bites that everyone will enjoy making at home.
Rice Crispy Treats with Biscoff Spread
With only 15 minutes preparation time, Rice Crispy Treats with Biscoff Spread is easy to make and has minimal ingredients.
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 1/3 cup of Biscoff spread
· 1 10 oz. package of about 40 regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows
· 6 cups rice crispy cereal
1. Melt butter and Biscoff Spread in large non-stick saucepan over low heat.
2. Add marshmallow and stir until completely melted.
3. Mix in rice crispy cereal, stir until well coated.
4. Spread the mixture using a buttered spatula or waxed paper evenly into a 13x9x2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
5. Cut into 2-inch squares when cool.
No-Bake Biscoff Bars
A unique treat to give away during the season because of its right mix of creamy and crunchy, this will surely be a hit.
· 2 cups powdered sugar
· 2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
· 1 cup melted unsalted butter
· 1 cup Biscoff spread
· 1 ½ large dark chocolate bars
· 4 tablespoons Biscoff spread
1. In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and a cup of Biscoffspread, pour over the dry ingredients, and mix to combine.
2. Press the crust into a 9x9 pan that’s lined with parchment paper for the ease of removal later. Use a pastry roller or hand-press into pan.
3. Next, break the chocolate bar into bite-size chunks. Place in a small microwave – proof bowl and cover with the 4 tablespoons of Biscoff. Microwave in 30-second segments, stirring in between until smooth. Pour over the Biscoff layer and use an offset spatula to smooth over.
4. Allow to set for at least an hour before cutting.