Friday, October 16, 2015
Galileo Fun Learning Festival on October 27 and 28
The Galileo Enrichment Learning Program is celebrating its 10th anniversary by hosting the Galileo Fun Learning Festival on October 27 and 28 at the Glorietta Activity Center, Makati City. The two-day event will feature fun learning activities for the students, and talks about parenting and teaching for parents, teachers, and school administrators.
• Free Assessment for Math skills and Free Orientation – Students will be assessed on their math skills through an interactive app exclusively made by Galileo for the Galileo Learning Festival. Parents and teachers will also be give a brief orientation about the Galileo programs which may interest them to enroll in their children to a recommended Center nearest their children’s school or place of residence.
• Galileo Hackathon (Coding/Programming for Children) – Exclusive for schools, students will engage in a coding and programming competition. Huge prizes are in store for the winning schools. If your school wishes to join, you may send five students, aged 7 to 12, to participate in the coding competition.
• Five Learning Ways – Students, parents, and teachers will be able to have a glimpse of what goes on inside a Galileo center by engaging in an upscale version of some Galileo activities. These activities target the multiple intelligences and competencies of the students, mixing fun and learning.
• Pocket Seminars for Parents and Teachers – Teachers and educators will have the opportunity to learn about raising children right and using technology in the classroom.
• Awesome Galileo Race – students aged 3 to 12 and their teachers may team up for an exciting scavenger hunt around the Glorietta Mall. There will be exciting prizes for the winning school teams.
• Interactive storytelling from the theater group Trumpets – one of the esteemed theater groups in the country, Trumpets, will be performing and engaging the participants in an interactive story telling.
• Kids Yoga – the students will be able to hone their imagination and creativity while experiencing the physical benefits of yoga