Monday, August 17, 2015
Why Businesses Are Flocking Into The Philippines' Safest City
Davao is now being called a sustainable avenue for globally dynamic investments. As one of the Philippines' next wave cities, Davao is aggressively moving forward in the national business scene. Now, investors are flocking into the city as they capitalize on its economic dynamism. Here's why you should, too!
In a nutshell, here are the top perks of investing in Davao.
1. It is the Philippines' safest city (and recognized as fourth in global rankings)
2. It is the 3rd top outsourcing destination in the Philippines
3. It has a consistently booming economy
Davao is hailed as one of the country's Next Wave Cities as it aims to be the best in providing BPO services.
1. Focused on building high-tech infrastructure
2. Home to a rich source of qualified talents
3. Recognized by the Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
It's easy to to business in Davao. Currently, the city is:
1. The 2nd most ideal investment site in the Philippines
2. Ranked the highest in the country when it comes to ease of obtaining construction permits
3. Offering one-time assessment for construction
It aims to stay committed to transparency and convenience.
The economy's growth is increasing its momentum. Currently, Davao is:
1. Branded as the main propeller of Southern Philippines' economy
2. The 4th most economically competitive city in the country.
3. Number 1 in infrastructure and government transparency
It aims to become a world class site for the most progressive businesses.
Davaoenos are skilled and digitally savvy.
1. They are known for English-proficient professionals
2. Now shifting its focus on IT
3. Nurturing 400 primary, 65 secondary and 46 tertiary educational institutions
It aims to reorient the education sector toward a more active ICT learning.
The city also offers a safe and efficient lifestyle. Currently, Davao is:
1. Ranked among the world's safest cities
2. The least vulnerable to climate change
3. Offering systematic transportation and health services
It aims to continue promoting a nurturing environment for its citizens.
"The availability of a wide variety of work skills ranging from customer service, graphics and multimedia development, virtual assistance, and health IT services provides the city with a competitive advantage." Lizabel "Wit" Holganza, Vice President of ICT Davao