Sunday, January 5, 2014
Time Travelers Amongs Us: Top Ten Signs That My Neighbors Are From the Future
I have great reasons to suspect that my neighbors are time travelers. I truly believe they are from the future. The signs are very significantly revealing to prove that they are indeed from some other time aside from the present. Believe me when I say they are not from this century.
Time travel has fascinated me but never in my lifetime did I think I would see it in real life. Imagine being perplexed and petrified at the same time when I realized my neighbors are not the ordinary and common people in my decent and friendly neighborhood located in a small bliss residence in one of the small cities in the Philippines.
At first I thought they were just eccentric individuals so I minded my own business, but many instances finally accumulated and summed up into an enigmatic conclusion mixed with fear and awe.
Why do I suspect him to be a time traveler? Here are the top ten signs:
1. They knew which bank to save their money - After a few weeks of asking around, I found out from another neighbor that they are often seen entering a bank nearby. They can be seen frequenting only one particular bank: BDO Unibank, Inc - commonly known as Banco de Oro and BDO, is the largest bank in the Philippines. It belongs to the SM Group of Companies, one of the country's largest conglomerates owned by tycoon Henry Sy, the richest man in the Philippines. BDO is said to be number 1 in assets, deposits, loans and capital.
2. They know who to partner with in business - Rumors has it that they're very close to Henry Sy and family. Who could blame them when there was a report stating that the Sy family has a net worth of $12 Billion making them the richest family in the Philippines. They have large shares in SM stocks that are earning very profitably...as well as dabbling into Forex and other financial investments. They probably knew which companies will grow big and strong throughout the years because they've experienced it already.
3. They knew which movie to watch - We saw each other at one of the movie houses near our neighborhood but I watched 10000 Hours, while opted to watch a comedy. The recent Metro Manila Film Festival of 2013 revealed that the Vic Sotto and Ryzza Mae Dizon movie My Little Bossings (as of the moment) is now the highest grossing film of 2013. Wikipedia reports a box office revenue of 443 million already outgrossing the Vice Ganda movies.
4. They knew where to study - I also found out that the parents and their kids all graduated from one university: UP. The University of the Philippines or UP remains as the number 1 school in the Philippines. However, to be more specific, the most preferred was the one in Los Banos and the one in Diliman follows second. The De La Salle University only follows in third place.
5. They knew which song to play - Sometime May 2013, I would always wake up every morning with this particular song being played loudly by my neighbors. Later I found out that the song is from the artist with the longest-running song on the Philippines top songs in history so far. With four months and still going strong, Robin Thicke‘s title track of his album of the same name “Blurred Lines”. It also peaked at (#1) on the US Billboard HOT 100 chart and stayed there for 12 consecutive weeks, coincidentally becoming the longest-running (#1) song for 2013 for the said chart.
6. They know which celebrity to admire - One time when I caught a glimpse of the inside of their house, I saw a lot of Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao photos hanged in their walls. They seem to idolize the boxer turned congressman (both at the same time). Pacquiao is also a businessman now owning many investments like a rooster farm for cockfight gambling, lottery outlets, a boxing promotions company and a basketball team.
7. They know which brand to buy - My neighbors are extreme coffee drinkers. I would often see them drinking coffee at their veranda twice a day. Their preferred brand: Nescafe. Brand Footprint, a study by consumer knowledge and insights firm Kantar Worldpanel, showed that Nescafe ranks first among Filipinos' brands of choice. This means Nescafe is the brand that is most frequently purchased for the home by consumers based on the unique calculation of penetration and frequency.
8. They have the best job in town - My neighbors have the highest paying jobs in the country. The man of the house is a Senior Manager in Quality Control earning him around P 250,000 per month. Their mother is a Manager as a Technical Support where she earns around P 115,000 per month, one of the kids is a Supervisor in an Information Technology company earning around P 55,000 per month, another kid works as a Junior Executive in an Oil and Gas Engineering department of a Petroleum company, and their newly grad is involved in Legal Services earning around P 23,000 per month.
9. They know where to go on vacation - They will always choose the best place to visit here in the Philippines. No trip to the Philippines could be complete without seeing the spectacular Banaue Rice Terraces. Carved from the mountain ranges about 2,000 years ago without modern tools by the Ifugao tribes, these magnificent farm terraces resemble giant steps reaching up to the sky. Locals to this day still plant rice and vegetables on the terraces, although more and more younger Ifugaos do not find farming appealing and emigrate to the cities.
10. They knew what to read - During coffee time at their veranda, I would often see them reading books by the Radioactive Sago Project frontman, Wasak TV show hosts, and TV5 weatherman. Lourd De Veyra has an insightful and sarcastic eye on the country’s current events in his second compilation of his online columns entitled "The Best of This is a Crazy Planets Book 2” which is hailed as the number one book of 2013. The essays contained in the book are mind-bending and on target, especially the controversial and hilariously satirical “Kadiri the Squatters!” and the inimitable tribute to the late Dolphy.
And so I really think these neighbor of mine are from the future because they seem to always pick the best out of everything. But one day, when I just couldn't keep this secret any longer, and when I wanted to share my observation with another neighbor of mine, he suggested that " Didn't it ever occur to you that your neighbors might just have good taste?"
Good taste? Nah! Nobody could be that perfect in their life decisions. These neighbors never made any mistakes in their choices. They would always have the best out of everything which is a very rare thing to happen in a life filled with random uncertainties.
Well, maybe they're just too lucky. Who knows? But I'm pretty sure that nothing is normal about them. Their life is just simply too good to believe. They really must have a time machine where they can use to travel back in time, or maybe just like the movie "About Time" where they have the ability to go back to the past to correct their mistakes by simply going inside a dark room, clinching their fist and closing their eyes while they concentrate on their chosen time they wish to go back to.
Maybe I'm just being paranoid because I have several regrets in life. Too many mistakes that could have been corrected if only I was more disciplined to focus on the more appropriate goals in life. If only I could just go back in time......
How I wish I was a time traveler!